"My husband has heart trouble, so we had to get away from all the brown sugar, honey and butter I used to bake with," writes Lacey Griffin from Fredonia, Pennsylvania. "My family enjoys the citrus taste of these tender low-fat rolls that I bake in muffin cups.
Recommended: 19 Easter Bread Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/3 cup 100% orange marmalade spreadable fruit
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- On a floured surface, roll dough into a 12x8-in. rectangle; brush with spreadable fruit. Sprinkle with raisins. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal.
- Cut into 12 slices. Place cut side down in muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto serving plates. Combine the confectioners' sugar, orange zest and orange juice; drizzle over warm rolls. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Orange Marmalade Sweet Rolls in Light & Tasty February/March 2005, p16