Orange Marmalade Linzer Tarts
These little cutout tarts are almost too pretty to eat! The golden sandwich cookies dusted with confectioners’ sugar reveal a colorful, citrusy center of orange marmalade.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- In a food processor, combine 1/2 cup flour and almonds; cover and pulse until almonds are finely ground. Add baking powder, salt and remaining flour; cover and process just until combined.
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks, extract and lemon zest. Gradually add almond mixture to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each into a ball, then flatten into a disk. Wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a floured surface, roll out one portion of dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. round cookie cutter. Using a floured 1-in. round cookie cutter, cut out the centers of half the cookies. Place solid and cutout cookies 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Spread 1 teaspoon marmalade on bottoms of solid cookies. Sprinkle cutout cookies with confectioners' sugar; place on top of marmalade. Store in an airtight container.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Orange Marmalade Linzer Tarts in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2013