Orange Marmalade Blueberry Bread
Juicy blueberries drenched in orange juice, orange zest and orange marmalade—this quick bread is perfect to serve as is, or spread individual slices with cream cheese. Sometimes, as a special treat, I stir a little additional marmalade into softened cream cheese to use as a topping. —Darlene Brenden, Salem, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
Makes1 loaf (16 slices)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup orange marmalade, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, orange zest, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Whisk the egg, orange juice and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries and 1/2 cup marmalade.
- Transfer to a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 45-50 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Spoon remaining marmalade over top.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Nutrition FactsNutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 188 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 132 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Originally published as Orange Marmalade Blueberry Bread in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.