Orange-Maple Vegetable Ribbons
The bright colors and sweet, citrusy taste of our test kitchen’s Orange-Maple Vegetable Ribbons make for a company-special side dish that couldn’t be easier on the cook. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 large yellow summer squash
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Using a vegetable peeler, cut the vegetables into very thin lengthwise strips.
- In a large skillet, saute the vegetable strips in butter until tender; remove and set aside. In the same skillet, combine the syrup, orange juice, zest, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook for 2-3 minutes or until most of the liquid is evaporated. Return vegetables to pan; toss to coat and sprinkle with pecans. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 169 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Maple Orange Veggie Ribbons in Simple & Delicious October/November 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.