Orange-Maple Pork Roast
A short list of ingredients makes this recipe so appealing for entertaining. Leftovers can be used in a stir-fry along with your favorite vegetables.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours + standing
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (about 4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- Sliced starfruit
- Drain oranges, reserving juice; set juice and oranges aside. In a large skillet, brown roast in oil on all sides. Transfer to a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Combine syrup and reserved juice; pour over roast. Sprinkle with rosemary. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until thermometer reads 160°, basting every 30 minutes.
- Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Garnish with starfruit and reserved oranges. Drizzle with pan juices if desired.
Nutrition Facts1/4 pound: 194 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as Orange-Maple Pork Roast in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2004