- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- In a small saucepan, combine the orange juice, syrup, vinegar, mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup, about 5 minutes. Stir in basil and orange peel. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken with remaining salt and pepper. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°, basting frequently with orange juice mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forOrange-Maple Glazed Chicken
"Very good and easy to make. I make it often."
"This was a nice twist. I would not add the orange zest next time as it was too much of the orange flavor, but I will definitely make this again!"
"very good! i would suggest making extra glaze to serve over rice"
"This just wasn't as flavorful as I expected."
"Yumo! I used chicken thighs and baked them in the oven. Basted them with the orange mixture. I'll be making this recipe often."
"I halved the recipe, but only used two boneless chickens for my husband and I.Worked great and easy enough for camping.I put the ingredients together in a small freezer baggie, put in fridge and heated up in the microwave."