- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first six ingredients; shake well. In a large salad bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Just before serving, shake dressing and pour over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forOrange Lime Spinach Salad
"This was okay, but neither my husband nor I found it to be great."
"Not my favorite recipe, but it made for an interesting change from most salads."
"Great salad just like the one I recently tried in a restaurant. I added walnuts and used a can of mandrin oranges. This is one I'll make on a regular basis."
"I made this salad and I loved it. It has such a refreshing taste and it is something you can feel good about eating. I will certainly make it again."
"I've been making this recipie for about 5 years now, and it still is a favourite, I love the dressing."
"This salad is light, delicious, and a wonderful boost of vitamins A and C. My family loves it and it's a keeper, for sure."