- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried savory
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 turkey (18 to 20 pounds)
- 2 medium pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1 celery rib, quartered
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 3/4 cup orange marmalade
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, savory and sage. Rub 1 tablespoon of seasoning mixture in turkey cavity. Place the pears, onion and celery in turkey cavity; tie drumsticks together. Place, breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan. Combine butter and remaining seasoning mixture; brush over turkey. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 3-1/4 to 3-1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, combine orange marmalade, orange juice and honey in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Set aside and keep warm. When turkey begins to brown, cover lightly with a tent of foil. Bake 1 hour longer or until meat thermometer reads 180°, brushing occasionally with the orange glaze. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes before carving. Thicken pan juices for gravy if desired. Yield: 18-20 servings.
Reviews forOrange-Glazed Turkey
"We have had this almost every time we have turkey.It's moist and yummy-the best!"