- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature smoked sausages
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add sausages; stir to coat. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until bubbly, stirring three times. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews forOrange-Glazed Smokies
"Loved the citrus flavor and simplicity. Next time will only make about 1/2 sauce for 1 lb of smokies."
"Good flavor! Alot of sauce, and a bit runny... I used 2 pounds sausages for the amount of sauce in one recipe. I added tsp. grated orange peel for more flavor. I thickened the sauce with cornstarch mixed in a little cold water. I made this recipe in a crock pot. Added the cornstarch mixture to the sausages about 30 minutes before serving time, stirring into the sauce. The thicker sauce clung to the sausages better, giving more flavor in each bite. Very good! Will make again!!"
"make these a few times ... very good. great for football parties."