- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 to 3 fresh thyme sprigs or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (5 pounds)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine the first five ingredients; rub over roast. Place fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan over medium heat, combine orange juice, brown sugar and mustard. In a small bowl, mix water and cornstarch until smooth. Add to orange juice mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes. Reserve 1 cup glaze for serving; brush half of remaining glaze over roast.
- Bake until a thermometer reads 145°, about 20-40 minutes longer, brushing occasionally with remaining glaze. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Reheat reserved glaze; serve with roast. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forOrange-Glazed Pork Loin
"I haven't made a pork loin any other way ever since we first tasted this delicious roast many, many years ago. We do not care for thyme so that ingredient is left out but the ginger, salt, and garlic rub needs nothing more and the orange glaze is amazing. I rate this recipe five star ... and for good reason. I understand why it was a contest winner!"
"Delicious flavor and not hard to prepare at all!! Makes an elegant looking meal! I used some of the glaze on roasted carrots for a side dish also! So good!!"
"Excellent flavor! Made Christmas week and everyone loved the orange sauce."
"Good for company but time-consuming to make otherwise."
"Very easy marinade that really packs in a lot of flavor! Definitely a dish you could serve for the holidays or a special occasion that is simple to make."
"Excellent recipe. Made it exactly as written for Easter dinner. Delicious! Will definitely make this again."
"Wow was this great. It smelled good cooking and tasted delicious. We basted the meat and used the leftover as a sauce. I have been trying to figure out what else to put the sauce on. This is a company worthy dish for sure."
"This is sooo good! I couldn't stop eating it :)"