Orange-Glazed Cornish Hens Recipe
One year, I served this recipe and got nothing but raves. My family prefers these moist glazed hens instead of turkey.
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup grated orange peel
- 4 Cornish game hens (20 to 24 ounces each)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1. In a skillet, saute the onion, celery and almonds in butter. Add rice, sugar, salt, thyme and orange peel; mix well. Loosely stuff hens. Place, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow baking pan. In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients; spoon some over hens. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes. Cover and bake 40 minutes longer until juices run clear, brushing often with remaining glaze. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 1475 calories, 99g fat (32g saturated fat), 462mg cholesterol, 1047mg sodium, 70g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 4g fiber), 75g protein.
Reviews for Orange-Glazed Cornish Hens
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC