Orange-Glazed Chicken Recipe
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon orange marmalade
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1. Combine flour, salt if desired and pepper; coat chicken breast. In a skillet, heat oil on medium; brown chicken. Spread marmalade on top of chicken; sprinkle with nutmeg. Add orange juice and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 1 serving.
1 each: 370 calories, 17g fat (0 saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 71mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.