Orange-Glazed Carrots, Onions & Radishes
Carrots and radishes give color and crunch to this sweet, spicy side. We never have leftovers. If you make it ahead, reheat it and add the walnuts just before serving. —Thomas Faglon, Somerset, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 pound fresh pearl onions
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 pounds medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 12 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add pearl onions; boil 3 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Peel.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add carrots, pearl onions, radishes, brown sugar, orange zest and juice; cook, covered, until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally, 10-15 minutes. Cook, uncovered, until slightly thickened, 5-7 minutes longer. Sprinkle with walnuts.