Orange-Glazed Carrots and Parsnips
Ribbons of buttery carrots and parsnips play double duty as a vibrant visual and tasty side dish—a perfect way to round out a special Thanksgiving for two. —Deirdre Cox, Kansas City, Missouri
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 large carrots
- 1 large parsnip
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- In a large nonstick skillet, whisk orange juice, sugar, ginger and salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in butter until melted.
- Meanwhile, using a vegetable peeler, shave carrots and parsnip lengthwise into very thin strips (about 4 cups carrot strips and 2 cups parsnip strips).
- Add vegetables to skillet; stir to coat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 3 minutes.
- Uncover; cook 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and glazed, stirring frequently. Sprinkle with green onion.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 439 calories, 23g fat (14g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 584mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 8g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.