Orange-Glazed Canadian Bacon
Instead of serving the usual bacon, I like to prepare this recipe that calls for Canadian bacon instead. It's a special brunch recipe that's always well liked. —Sue Draheim
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1-1/4 pounds Jones Canadian Bacon
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3 bay leaves
- In an 11x7-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray, arrange bacon in two rows, overlapping the slices.
- In a small saucepan, combine the orange juice, 4 tablespoons brown sugar, mustard, cardamom and pepper until blended. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Boil for 1 minute. Pour over bacon; arrange bay leaves on top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 20-25 minutes. Discard bay leaves and all but 1/4 cup pan juices. Sprinkle remaining brown sugar over bacon.
- Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until bacon is glazed and bubbly. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 144 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 694mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Orange-Glazed Canadian Bacon in Test Kitchen Favorites Cookbook