Since retiring, I have more time to cook, but I still depend on this delicious rapid recipe.—Rose Randall, Derry, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makesabout 3 cups
- 3/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 medium firm bananas, sliced
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the first five ingredients. Cook and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Add bananas and heat through. Serve over ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 104 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 31mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Orange-Glazed Bananas in Country Woman May/June 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.