- 4 small acorn squash
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut squash in half; discard seeds. Place squash cut side down in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; add 1/2 in. of hot water. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until syrupy, stirring occasionally.
- Drain water from baking pan; turn squash cut side up. Pour about 2 tablespoons orange glaze into each squash half. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until squash is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forOrange-Glazed Acorn Squash
"This was a very tasty squash and paired well with my ham."