Orange-Ginger Chicken and Veggies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 medium navel orange
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup unsalted cashews
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Grate orange peel, reserving 1-1/2 teaspoons. Peel and section orange; set orange sections aside. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and ginger. Stir in the broth, soy sauce, chili sauce, hot pepper sauce and reserved grated orange peel until blended; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken and garlic in oil for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add the broccoli, peppers and carrot; stir-fry for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir broth mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cashews and reserved orange sections. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 467 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 853mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Feb 10, 2016
Delicious although I did not use the orange and the chili sauce. I omitted the orange...just didn't appeal to me and I used Thai Chili Paste instead of the chili sauce...and use 6 ounces of pork tenderloin instead of the chicken...it was delicious.
Nov 1, 2009
It was Excellent!I am making it for the third time.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.