Lightly glazed and seasoned with orange juice, honey and ginger, these tender carrots from our Test Kitchen make a lovely, low-fat side dish that appeals to all ages. This colorful dish will dress up a variety of meat entrees.
Recommended: 77 Foods to Eat When You Have a Cold
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 cups fresh baby carrots
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, orange juice, vinegar, honey and ginger. Add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Uncover. Increase heat to high. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until cooking liquid is thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Orange Ginger Carrots in Cooking for 2 Winter 2008, p7