- 24 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a heavy saucepan, combine chocolate, cream, butter and orange juice concentrate. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until smooth.
- Stir in orange peel. Serve warm with ice cream or transfer to covered jars and refrigerate. Yield: 3 cups.
Reviews forOrange Fudge Sauce
"Dear Ircandi - I had the exact same experience!! I wanted to write in to see if perhaps I had done something wrong, but I guess not! The sauce seemed fine while cooking over low heat, but separated out as soon as I set it to cool to room temperature - with a layer of grease on top - and completely separated - with a thick glob of solid fat forming on top - once I refrigerated it. I might try skimming off that layer of fat and seeing it that makes a difference, but, like you, I was VERY disappointed and will not be making this, again."
"This sauce was like a giant oil slick. Is the amount of chocolate correct?? I used 24oz of 60% dark chocolate and it seemed an excessive amount. When chilled it separated and formed fat rings. I gave this sauce as a gift, and had some left over. After I tried it and was disappointed in flavor and consistency, I called and told recipient to discard. Was so disappointed in this recipe."