Orange Fruit Slaw
This fantastic winter fruit slaw comes from Cynthia France of Murray, Utah. She writes, “I love this fruity coleslaw. My neighbor shared this with our women's church group a few years ago.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) reduced-fat orange yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, orange, grapes, apple and celery. Stir in the yogurt, salt and pepper; toss until well coated. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with almonds just before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 104 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 133mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Orange Fruit Slaw in Simple & Delicious January/February 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.