Orange Flank Steak
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Broil: 10 min. + standing
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 4-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- 1 medium orange, sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add the beef; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Broil steak 4-6 in. from the heat or grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium well, 145°). Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, broil or grill orange slices for 2 minutes. To serve, thinly slice steak across the grain. Garnish with orange slices.
Nutrition Facts3 ounce-weight: 322 calories, 22g fat (5g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 509mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein.
Dec 29, 2008
The steak with the marinade after barbequing developed a unique and voluptuous flavor. Quite sexy and satisfying. Very simple recipe, but appears difficult. My compliments and thanks to taste of home.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.