- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 4-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- 1 medium orange, sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add the beef; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Broil steak 4-6 in. from the heat or grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium well, 145°). Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, broil or grill orange slices for 2 minutes. To serve, thinly slice steak across the grain. Garnish with orange slices. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forOrange Flank Steak
"The steak with the marinade after barbequing developed a unique and voluptuous flavor. Quite sexy and satisfying. Very simple recipe, but appears difficult. My compliments and thanks to taste of home."