Orange Drop Cookies
It's easy to whip up a batch of these cookies in no time. A friend shared the recipe with me years ago.—Lou Borcherding, Dodgeville, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, oil, orange zest and extract. Fold in coconut. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. In a small bowl, combine icing ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over the cooled cookies.
Editor's Note: Orange cake mix may be substituted for the white cake mix. Omit the orange extract.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 165 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.