Orange Drop Cookies
It's easy to whip up a batch of these cookies in no time. A friend shared the recipe with me years ago.—Lou Borcherding, Dodgeville, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, oil, orange zest and extract. Fold in coconut. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. In a small bowl, combine icing ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over the cooled cookies.
Editor's Note: Orange cake mix may be substituted for the white cake mix. Omit the orange extract.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 165 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Orange Drop Cookies in Country Woman March/April 2001