- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 package (3 ounces) ladyfingers, split
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until syrupy. Fold in 3 cups whipped topping; set aside. In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth; gradually beat in the milk. Fold in remaining whipped topping.
- Grease the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan; sprinkle with cracker crumbs. Arrange ladyfingers around edge of pan. Set aside 1-1/2 cups of the orange mixture. Alternately spoon the cream cheese mixture and remaining orange mixture into pan. Spread reserved orange mixture over top. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with mandarin oranges. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forOrange Dream Torte
"I have had so many requests for this recipe! Whenever I make it, it just disappears! It's a nice light and fluffy dessert to serve after a heavy meal."
"I make this each year at Christmas substituting Raspberry jello and garnishing with fresh raspberries. Everyone loves it!!Very simple."
"We just made it without the lady fingers and spread it in a 13 x 9 pan. We also spread some extra graham cracker crumbs in the middle and saved the oranges for the top.The kids loved it and it was very easy."