- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped, divided
- 3 cups orange sherbet, softened
- 6 clear plastic cups (8 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth; fold in marshmallows and half of the whipped cream. Set aside. In another bowl, fold remaining whipped cream into sherbet.
- Spoon 1/4 cupfuls of sherbet mixture into each plastic cup; top with 3 tablespoonfuls cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers. Cover and freeze for 3 hours or until firm. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forOrange Dream Parfaits
"I would make this recipe again but I would leave out the marshmallows. My husband, myself and our two guests agreed that the marshmallow texture was strange."
"It tasted really good, but I had trouble witrh the layering. The cream cheese mixture just sunk down in the orange and you couldn't even see it very well. I ended up pouring the bottom layer and freezing then adding the second and freezing then added the top and that worked fine but it took alot more time"
"I think marshmallow fluff is a bit better than the marshmallows - makes for a smoother finish. :-)"
"To be truthful I have not made this dessert be for, but remember if it's got Cream Cheese, then it's going to the Best!! I have made a salad that we all call 'Orange Goody salad' & everytime I make it there is never any leftovers. It's made with Cool Whip, Canned oranges, & Orange Jello (that you have to whip).This dessert reminds me alot of it. I believe that orange is something that always goes over no matter what it is. I can't wait too try this recipe!!"
"It sounded good, but I'm not a fan of cream cheese, I might try the whipped topping and marshmallows"