If you're too busy for a sit-down breakfast on a hectic morning, grab a bagel with this delightful citrus spread on top. It's scrumptious and satisfying when you're on the go.
Recommended: 43 Ways to Make Classic Irish Food at Home
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dates
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- Assorted breads
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredient. Serve with bread slices. Yield: 3/4 cup.
Originally published as Orange Date Spread in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2009