Orange Date Spread
If you're too busy for a sit-down breakfast on a hectic morning, grab a bagel with this delightful citrus spread on top. It's scrumptious and satisfying when you're on the go.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dates
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- Assorted breads
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredient. Serve with bread slices.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 90 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 57mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Orange Spice Bagel Spread for Bagels to Go Sandwiches in Country Woman Christmas 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.