Orange Date Pound Cake Recipe
Loaded with chewy dates and crunchy pecans, this cake is a "must" to take to family gatherings. The sweet and zesty orange sauce tops it off just right. This cake slices nicely and looks so appetizing served on a pretty plate.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon orange peel, divided
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/3 cups buttermilk
- 1 pound chopped dates
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in 2 teaspoons orange peel. Combine flour and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Stir in dates and pecans.
- 2. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan; spread evenly. Bake at 325° for 70-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, remaining sugar and orange peel, until blended; drizzle over warm cake. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 piece: 491 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 233mg sodium, 79g carbohydrate (57g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Orange Date Pound Cake
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC