Orange Date Nut Bread Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 small unpeeled orange, cut into pieces and seeded
- 1 cup pitted chopped dates
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1. For bread, place eggs, butter, sugar, orange pieces and dates in blender or food processor. Cover and process with on/off motions until finely chopped. Remove to a large bowl.
- 2. In separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt; add to orange mixture and mix until well-combined. Stir in pecans. Pour batter into greased 9x5-in. loaf pan.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. If bread begins to darken, cover with foil during last few minutes of baking.
- 4. Meanwhile, for sauce, heat orange juice and sugar until sugar has dissolved. When bread comes out of the oven, poke holes with a toothpick and slowly pour the sauce over top. Let stand for 15 minutes before removing from pan. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 slice: 220 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 249mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Orange Date Nut Bread
"Am I missing something here? where is the liquid? the 2T butter didn't do it. I had to look at another receipe & add 1/2C OJ to this."