- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 small unpeeled orange, cut into pieces and seeded
- 1 cup pitted chopped dates
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- For bread, place eggs, butter, sugar, orange pieces and dates in blender or food processor. Cover and process with on/off motions until finely chopped. Remove to a large mixing bowl. In separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt; add to orange mixture and mix until well-combined. Stir in pecans. Pour batter into greased 9-in. x 5-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until bread test done. If bread begins to darken, cover with foil during last few minutes of baking. Meanwhile, for sauce, heat orange juice and sugar until sugar melts. When bread comes out of the oven, prick with a wooden pick and pour the sauce over top. Let bread stand 15 minutes before removing from pan. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews forOrange Date Nut Bread
"Am I missing something here? where is the liquid? the 2T butter didn't do it. I had to look at another receipe & add 1/2C OJ to this."