- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 4 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 1 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup seasoned salad croutons
- Place orange and cucumber slices around the bottom sides of a straight-sided glass salad bowl. Cut any remaining orange and cucumber slices in half. Place in another bowl. Add the lettuce and onion.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the orange juice, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper and oil; shake well. Pour over lettuce mixture and toss gently to coat; carefully spoon into salad bowl. Sprinkle with croutons. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forOrange Cucumber Tossed Salad
"This is a very nice, light tasting salad that would go with many meals since it doesn't have an overpowering taste. It is a pretty presentation too with the orange, green and purple rather than the typical carrots and tomatoes. I made it just for two so I didn't line the bowl or anything like that. I cut the dressing in half and it made still a bit too much for us. I will be making this salad again."