This summery salad Edna Shaffer shares combines cucumbers, oranges and a tangy dressing with fresh-tasting results. "Sometimes I sprinkle sunflower kernels over the top before serving for extra crunch," suggests the Beulah, Michigan cook.
Recommended: Vintage Recipes From the '50s Worth Trying Today
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 small cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 large navel orange, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sweetened plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon orange juice
- Dash salt, optional
- In a bowl, combine cucumbers and orange slices. Combine yogurt and orange juice; pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, season with salt if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sunshine Salad in Quick Cooking May/June 1999, p11