Orange Crispy Cookies
"A boxed cake mix brings these cookies together in a snap," says Fort Bragg, California's Barbara Wentzel. Big on orange flavor but short on kitchen time, the crowd-pleasers are the solution to your bake sale needs. In fact, they're getting so tasty, you might have trouble getting them past your family and to the sale!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in cereal and walnuts if desired. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 134 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 189mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Orange Crispy Cookies in Quick Cooking March/April 2002
Jan 21, 2012
Super easy to make and really good. I get complimented on them all the time. A nice diversion from the standard cookies.
Dec 31, 2010
Why so many recipes with no picture?