Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- Orange peel strips
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the first eight ingredients until well blended. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into egg mixture until blended.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat butter until fluffy; beat in confectioners’ sugar and extracts until smooth. Add marshmallow creme; beat until light and fluffy. Using a melon scoop, remove a small amount of cake from tops of cupcakes. Top each with a small scoop of ice cream. Decorate with frosting and orange peel strips. Serve immediately. Yield: 20 cupcakes.
1 each: 386 calories, 20g fat (6g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 276mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes
"Cupcakes were totally bland, probably from too much flour and using oil instead of butter. The frosting melted all over the place when I put them out for my guests. Tried again a second time, added another tablespoon of orange extract and the cupcakes were STILL bland! I ended up making a vanilla bean frosting with an orange icing drizzle on top. That was the only thing that saved these cupcakes."
"I made these tonight as mini cupcakes using a size 60 scoop and baked for 10 to 11 minutes. The batter yields 69 minis. I decided to go with a cream cheese frosting instead of the marshmallow frosting but awesome cake batter with a zesty natural orange flavor."