Orange-Cream French Toast Recipe
My citrus-flavored toast adds a refreshing fruity twist to standard brunch fare. It's also a convenient make-ahead dish.
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 8 to 10 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- ORANGE BUTTER:
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons chopped mandarin oranges
- 1. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, orange juice, cream, sugar, orange peel, vanilla and salt. Dip the bread in egg mixture, coating each side. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour remaining egg mixture over the bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight. In a large skillet, melt butter; add bread. Cook for 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Meanwhile, combine orange butter ingredients in a small mixing bowl; beat until blended. Serve with French toast. Yield: 4-5 servings.
2 each: 687 calories, 54g fat (31g saturated fat), 386mg cholesterol, 729mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Orange-Cream French Toast
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC