Orange Cream Cheese Muffins
When you make these in the Texas-size muffin pans, they certainly satisfy your hunger! These are very tasty muffins, and we really enjoy them.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makes6 jumbo muffins
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1-3/4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 6 teaspoons orange marmalade
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar. Add the egg and juice. Beat well. Stir in the biscuit mix just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
- Grease six Texas-size or jumbo muffin pans generously. Spoon 1/4 cup batter into each cup. Spoon 1 teaspoon marmalade into the center of each muffin. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 297 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 497mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Orange Cream Cheese Muffins in Country Extra March 1991