- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) lemon cake mix
- 1 envelope unsweetened orange soft drink mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) orange gelatin, divided
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pacakge (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a mixing bowl, combine cake and drink mixes, eggs, water and oil. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Using a meat fork, poke holes in cake. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, dissolve one package of gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water. Pour over cake. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. In a mixing bowl, combine milk, vanilla, pudding mix and remaining gelatin; beat on low for 2 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes; fold in whipped topping. Frost cake. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews forOrange Cream Cake
"Delicious and refreshing! Love the fact it uses orange Kool-Aid and gelatin!"
"Super easy and super moist!!"
"I love this recipe but I have one problem that I can't figure out every time I've made the orange cream cake the cake sticks to the pan I have even tried using different pan's , I even bought two new pan's and they still stuck to the pan's . Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong . If anyone has any ideas please let me know , it's my mother's favorite cake and her birthday is tomorrow and that's all she wants for her 7 9th birthday"
"Oh my gosh, is this heavenly! So refreshing, and not too sweet. I did put the frosting in the 'fridge for about a half hour to thicken it, per the other reviews. I will make this again!"
"Delicious! Very light and refreshing! I did only use 1/2 cup cold water instead of 1cup as that is what most jello poke cakes call for in their recipes. The topping turned out great, too! Will make again!"
"This cake very moist and had a great flavor. However, like lilaccrew the frosting ended up like a thick sauce even though I refrigerated it for 5 hours after frosting it. The next day it was perfect."
"The flavor was not bad. I had a lot of trouble with the frosting. It was too liquidy. I tried adding powdered sugar and a 1/2 cup of sour cream but still not solid enough."
"First time I have ever made this cake and it will not be the last. It's a keeper. Excellent!"
"what is unsweetened orange soft drink mix? Is that KoolAid or Tang?"