Orange Cranberry Vinaigrette
When I give jars of my Cranberry Vinegar, I'm certain to include this recipe. The vinaigrette pairs especially well with a green salad featuring dried cranberries, mandarin oranges and toasted walnuts. Or use it as a marinade for chicken and salmon.—Kathy Rairigh, Milford, Indiana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup Cranberry Orange Vinegar or raspberry vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- In a blender, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and process for 1 minute. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Stir in poppy seeds. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 120 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Orange Vinaigrette in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2010