Orange-Cranberry Snack Mix
Seasoned with cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg, this sweet mix is just perfect for fall.—Sarah Gerlach, Willmar, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 2 cups each square oat cereal, Corn Chex and miniature pretzels
- 1/3 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, combine cereals and pretzels. In a small bowl, combine the concentrate, butter, brown sugar and spices. Pour over cereal mixture; toss to coat. Spread evenly in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 250° for 50 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Stir in berries. Cool, stirring several times. Store in an airtight container.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Land O'Lakes light stick butter.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 163 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 273mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Cranberry Snack Mix in Light & Tasty October/November 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.