Orange Cranberry Pound Cake with Vanilla Glaze
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 2-3/4 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons hot water
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in orange zest and extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk. Beat just until combined. Fold in cranberries and walnuts.
- Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For glaze, in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, butter, vanilla and enough water to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over cake.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 658 calories, 30g fat (16g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 293mg sodium, 92g carbohydrate (66g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Jan 19, 2015
Very good cake and glaze. My daughters made it for our Happy Birthday, Jesus cake - it was nice in that it's not real sweet with all the other Christmas goodies around. Unfortunate that it doesn't stay fresh long so we have to gobble quickly. : )
Jan 6, 2012
I sent mini bundts out in my Christmas treat boxes this year... I received many compliments!
Dec 19, 2011
This cake is delicious and makes a nice cake to take to a gathering. It was a hit at our dinner 8!!!