Orange Cranberry Pound Cake with Vanilla Glaze Recipe
4 3 4
For me, pound cake is both comforting and delicious. This buttery cake combines the tastes of both orange and cranberry and tops it off with a sweet vanilla glaze. — Angela Spengler, Clovis, New Mexico
Featured In: Homemade Food Gift Packaging Ideas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 2-3/4 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons hot water
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in orange peel and extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk. Beat just until combined. Fold in cranberries and walnuts.
- Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For glaze, in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, butter, vanilla and enough water to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Orange-Cranberry Pound Cake with Vanilla Glaze in Taste of Home December/January 2012, p63
Reviews forOrange Cranberry Pound Cake with Vanilla Glaze
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 6, 2012
"I sent mini bundts out in my Christmas treat boxes this year... I received many compliments!"