Orange Cranberry Cheesecake
One year I wanted to serve something new for Christmas and I came up with this recipe. It has not only turned into a holiday tradition, but my family loves it so much I make it year round using frozen cranberries. —Tammy Campbell, Chesapeake, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 55 min. + chilling
- 1-3/4 cups crushed gingersnap cookies (about 35 cookies)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 to 4 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, orange juice, orange zest and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° for 55-60 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar and water. Cook over medium heat until berries pop, about 15 minutes. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into cranberry mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in orange zest; cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, remove sides of springform pan. Spoon cranberry topping over whole cheesecake or individual slices.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 504 calories, 29g fat (17g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 350mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Orange Cheesecake in Taste of Home Cookbook Contest 2010/2011