Orange Crab Salad
This salad is especially satisfying with oranges from our own trees.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 can (6 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 can (3 ounces) chow mein noodles
- GINGER SALAD DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Divide the salad greens among four salad plates. Sprinkle with the chow mein noodles. Top each with about 3/4 cup crab mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Serve with crab salad.
Nutrition Facts1-3/4 cups: 536 calories, 40g fat (5g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 423mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 7g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Orange Crab Salad in Country Extra July 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.