Orange Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 3 to 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1. In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add the buttermilk, eggs, orange juice and peel. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. For icing, combine the confectioners' sugar, orange extract and enough orange juice to achieve desired consistency. Spread over cooled cookies. Yield: about 12 dozen.
2 each: 93 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 29mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Orange Cookies
"yes really loved these cookies , and my grandkids too!!!"
"We love these cookies!! Every single one gets eaten in this house!! I did change the recipe from buttermilk to sour milk, milk with a little bit of vinegar in it!"
"Loved this recipe my grandkids love it also makes a big batch and easy recipe!"