- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add orange juice and peel. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. For topping, combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter. Drizzle with butter. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until cake tests done. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forOrange Coffee Cake
"Good consistency and flavor. I used Splenda to cut down on the sugar in the mix and it worked fine. I also used some orange extract to enhance the flavor of the orange. Will definately make this again."