Orange Coconut Cookies
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Stir in orange zest. Combine flour and cornstarch; add to creamed mixture. Shape into 1-in. balls, then roll in coconut. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until coconut is lightly browned and cookies are set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Editor's NoteThis recipe does not use eggs.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 371 calories, 25g fat (17g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 235mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 24, 2011
From looking at the ingredients, my guess is that it is not enough flour to keep these cookies together. 1/2c flour does not sound like near enough!
Mar 1, 2011
Haven't made them, wondered why they fell apart when you picked them up!
Nov 18, 2009
This is hard to rate, FIVE stars for flavor TWO because I had a BIG problem here. Right out of the oven, they're great. Look like the picture, are crisp and tasty. I put a plate out for company, and couldn't figure out why people said "hmm, interesting, love coconut" etc. Later I tested one, it could barely be picked up, just fell apart. Either I did something wrong or something is missing from the recipe to bind them together.