- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Stir in orange peel. Combine flour and cornstarch; add to creamed mixture. Shape into 1-in. balls, then roll in coconut. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until coconut is lightly browned and cookies are set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 15 cookies.
Reviews forOrange Coconut Cookies
"From looking at the ingredients, my guess is that it is not enough flour to keep these cookies together. 1/2c flour does not sound like near enough!"
"Haven't made them, wondered why they fell apart when you picked them up!"
"This is hard to rate, FIVE stars for flavor TWO because I had a BIG problem here. Right out of the oven, they're great. Look like the picture, are crisp and tasty. I put a plate out for company, and couldn't figure out why people said "hmm, interesting, love coconut" etc. Later I tested one, it could barely be picked up, just fell apart. Either I did something wrong or something is missing from the recipe to bind them together."