Orange Cocoa Sandies
When I was growing up, I loved to help my mom cut out the appealing dessert recipes from newspapers and magazines. Then we would paste them all into a big book. This recipe is one of our favorites from the collection.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter, 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar and extract until blended. In another bowl, whisk flour and cocoa; gradually beat into butter mixture. Stir in pecans.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 12-14 minutes or until set. Cool on pans 1-2 minutes. Roll warm cookies in confectioner's sugar. Cool on wire racks. If desired, reroll cookies in confectioner's sugar after cooling.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 91 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 29mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Orange Cocoa Sandies in Reminisce Extra May 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.