When I was growing up, I loved to help my mom cut out the appealing dessert recipes from newspapers and magazines. Then we would paste them all into a big book. This recipe is one of our favorites from the collection.
Recommended: The Best Cookies for Dunking
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter, 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar and extract until blended. In another bowl, whisk flour and cocoa; gradually beat into butter mixture. Stir in pecans.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 12-14 minutes or until set. Cool on pans 1-2 minutes. Roll warm cookies in confectioner's sugar. Cool on wire racks. If desired, reroll cookies in confectioner's sugar after cooling. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Orange Cocoa Sandies in Reminisce Extra May 2010, p53
Reviews forOrange Cocoa Sandies
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 4, 2011
"When I made these I added more of the orange extract because you couldn't taste the orange. They were good!"